5 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A healthy breakfast will improve blood sugar levels, boost the metabolism and reduce the desire to binge on snack foods throughout the day. Studies now prove, people who eat a healthy breakfast are slimmer than those who skip breakfast. Below are 5 health breakfast ideas that you can begin using today:
- Super-Fast Omelet: Ingredients: 2 eggs, 2 ounces of diced turkey bacon and ¾ cup of chopped spinach. Method: Whisk the eggs until light and fluffy. Add the bacon and spinach and mix until all ingredients are well combined. Place the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute, add a slice of whole wheat toast and you have a perfect breakfast to start your day.
- Strawberry Smoothie: Smoothies are fast, easy to prepare and are great when you need to get up and go. Ingredients: 1 cup of reduced fat milk, 1 cup of strawberries, ½ cup of yoghurt and 4 ice cubes. Method: Place all the ingredients in the blender on high and mix until smooth. Pour into your favorite cup and enjoy.
- Lean Mean Veggie And Cheese Wrap: Wraps are quick, healthy and a great way to start the day. Ingredients: 1 flour tortilla, 1 cup of cooked mixed vegetables of your choice, 2 tablespoons of grated low fat cheddar cheese. Method: Lay the tortilla on a plate and spread the cheese over the top. Microwave the tortilla on medium heat for 40 seconds. Add the vegetables, roll the tortilla and eat while hot.
- Quick Fruit Salad And Yoghurt: Fruit salad and yoghurt would have to top the list as an all-time breakfast favorite. Ingredients: 1 small banana, 1 small apple, ½ cup of mixed frozen berries and 1 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt. Method: Slice the banana and apple thinly and place in a bowl. Add the berries and toss the ingredients together. Top off the fruit salad with the vanilla yoghurt and enjoy.
- Homemade Muesli: Low in fat, high in fiber and made just the way you like it. Ingredients: ½ cup of lightly toasted rolled oats, 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds, 1 tablespoon of plump juicy raisins, ¼ cup of dried banana and pineapple chips, ¾ cup of reduced fat milk. Method: Put all ingredients in a bowl, stir until combined. Add the milk and start your day the right way.
Now you have 5 healthy breakfasts for your work week. Each of the recipes takes just a few minutes to prepare. A healthy breakfast is a great way to begin the day and kick your metabolism into gear.