Fat Loss Facts – 5 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight
Have you hit a weight loss plateau? Are you frustrated because you stick to your diet, exercise regularly and drink lots of water yet you can’t shift those last few pounds? You are not alone; weight loss plateaus are very common. Below are five simple reasons why you’re not losing weight and what you can do to change it:
- You Always Eat Healthy: It may seem weird but a little treat every now and then can boost your metabolism. Your body gets used to eating healthy foods all the time and begins to hold onto to those last few pounds. Indulging in a treat once or twice a week can shock your metabolism back into high gear and stop cravings dead in their tracks.
- Too Focused On Exercise: Thinking about exercise all day long can play tricks on your mind. A new French study claims, people who think about exercise too often are likely to eat more than they need to. The solution is to exercise regularly without making it a focal point of your day.
- Sitting For Long Periods Of Time: People who work in an office often spend many hours sitting in the same spot. Researchers at the University of Missouri-Columbia have found that sitting for a few hours every day stops the body from making a fat fighting enzyme called lipase. You can combat this problem by getting up and stretching for a few minutes every hour. This can boost your metabolism by up to 13%.
- Not Enough Sleep: Getting enough sleep is very important when you are trying to lose weight. A recent study from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition shows women who sleep less than four hours a night eat at least three hundred extra calories a day. The body tries to replenish its energy sources through food, rather than a good night’s sleep.
- Underactive Thyroid: A very common problem among women who are in their mid-thirties and older. Symptoms include: hair loss, intolerance to cold temperatures, severe lethargy, back problems and some memory loss. If you have any of these symptoms consult a doctor and have a blood test to find out if you have an underactive Thyroid.
We hope you have found this article informative and helpful. Now you know the top 5 reasons you’re not losing weight.